VIP 222 used as non HD Receiver

Snoozer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I have always used two of my 4 DISH receivers whenever I went camping in our Motorhome (using a 500 Dish), but since I now have HD I only have 2 receivers; a 622 and a 222. I took the 222 with me over the holiday weeked, but when I tried hooking them up I ran into several problems since I don't have a HD TV in the motorhome. I have 2 TV's; one in front and one in the rear bedroom.

I could get sat 119 on TV1 but not sat 110 using the same connection on back of the receiver that I use at home.

I get nothing on TV2, even after doing a check switch. I've tried changing the cable connections on the rear but nothing seemed to work. The best that happened is that I got a picture on TV 2 but then I lost picture on TV1 . This was a real bummer, especially since I wanted to watch the BB playoffs and wifey wanted to watch her programs.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Is the LNB Dish pro plus? If its not plus you have to remove the splitter from the satellite inputs and run two separate coax lines to the LNB

I'm not 100% certain if the sat dish is the dish pro plus but I did connect both LNB's seperatly to TV1 and TV 2 without the splitter. Still only got sat 119 on TV1 only.

How exactly were you hooking this up? You should have two cables from the dish if you have a lnb that is not a dpp or a dpp switch. 1 cable for each tuner on the receiver. If the lnb is a dpp or you have a dpp switch then only 1 coax is needed along with the seperator at the reciever. Then coax or composite to tvs also are you using a diplexor to feed the TV2 or is it a seperate feed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts