vip 222 with hopper?

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
Hi guys , im interested in changing my account to hopper /joey but my question is if i can still have my 2 owned vip 222 receivers with the account?
im likely purchasing my hopper /joey instead of leasing it but wanted to make sure before i took the plunge.

Thanks

Iceberg is right, unless you go throughthe dispute resolution department AND set up two dishes, one for the Hopper and one for the 2XX. I had my 722 on my Hopper account for a month after Hopper install, until it died and I sent it back. Apparently I could have kept it indefinitely. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Why buy when you will pay the lease fee anyway?

See everyone believes its not possible but some things are if you are willing to go to the trouble to do them. Executive resolution has the power to do whatever they want you just have to get to them and complain enough to get them to do what you want. I always thought well maybe I would want a 211k for my kitchen someday down the road. Now I've changed, If anything I'd like a 4th hopper.

Last edited:
See everyone believes its not possible but some things are if you are willing to go to the trouble to do them. Executive resolution has the power to do whatever they want you just have to get to them and complain enough to get them to do what you want. I always thought well maybe I would want a 211k for my kitchen someday down the road. Now I've changed, If anything I'd like a 4th hopper.

you can try them all you want. Per DIRT (Matt) one 411/211/211k is allowed per account with a Hawper. I just asked this the other day

Technically possible? Yes.

Allowable in violation of a business decision? No.

Does it happen in this imperfect world? .........

you can try them all you want. Per DIRT (Matt) one 411/211/211k is allowed per account with a Hawper. I just asked this the other day

See and just a month ago you couldn't even have a 411, so the world with dish is never set in stone. It does flex. Maybe a little, Maybe a lot. We have seen weird things on here from installers installing 622's on hopper accounts, I think when it gets up there they just want to make the customer happy and will do a lot of things most regular customer service agents can't do. And I know for a fact that DIRT does not have the power the executive resolution team does, because DIRT could not do my upgrade and had to send me to the Executive Resolution Team and they had to do the upgrade. The executive resolution team can make things happen at dish that are out of the ordinary that's what they are there for.

Fine whatever.....I'm not going to sit here and argue with you about it

I asked Matt about putting 2 211's on a Hawper account and he said it can't be done. They only allow one 211/211k per Hawper account. SO thats what I'm going off of.

..... my question is if i can still have my 2 owned vip 222 receivers with [a Hopper] account?....

I have a 722, can I add a hopper with it???? thanks
No, nope, nada, no matter who you know or what kind of hope you hold out or choose to believe.

ONLY a single OWNED ViP211, ViP211K or 411 may be on a H/J account. And there ain't many 411s out there.

Not trying to be rude, trying to nail this puppy down as much as possible. IF anyone has had anything else with a Hopper, it was a mistake and don't count on it happening for you. Dish has been VERY clear on this point. We were very lucky to get this one single exception, for tailgating.

So can I add a 612 to my hopper system?

Just kidding guys this seams to be the question of year. What can coexist with the kangaroo.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I agree with iceberg in principle that yes those are the receivers that are allowed a 211k, 211, and 411. But there seems to be evidence to the contrary about other receivers is all no arguing I don't want to argue it's just fact. Now I'm NOT saying you can just call up dish and stick any old receiver you want with a hopper account. But they have in the past made SPECIAL exceptions. Now I would not go thinking you are the one that is special and think that they are going to make the exception for you but who knows it does seem to happen from time to time for some reason or another who knows why. Now that being said I could never see a reason after having the system of ever needing another receiver of any kind. Except the 211k for tailgating.

But there seems to be evidence to the contrary about other receivers is all no arguing I don't want to argue it's just fact.
There's no evidence of anything beyond what Iceberg has been saying. No known loophole has ever been posted.

Don't forget, you also "claimed" to have found a way to lease a third hopper... funny how that turned out

sparc said:
There's no evidence of anything beyond what Iceberg has been saying. No known loophole has ever been posted.

Don't forget, you also "claimed" to have found a way to lease a third hopper... funny how that turned out

I will be the first one to agree with you on that, it was a mistake I was excited I was getting my hoppers and was misinformed, You would have been excited if they had told you that too. Now I will never live that down. However there are odd little threads here and there of people and installers having put different equipment with hoppers and I can't believe they are all LYING OR MISINFORMED. Now I could say ER screwed up but I don't think that either. I do think sometimes people warrant weird setups and they may override the system for customer retention purposes. I have to believe we live in a place were as everywhere else makes wonky exceptions so does dish I can't image them not.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Seems like I have read around about these "special" exceptions but they are far and few between and I do have slight skepticism... I guess this is just one of life's little mysteries...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)