ViP 222K problem

dohhead

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
costa rica
Hey All...I'm having an odd problem and hope that you brainiacs:) can help me:confused:
Have the dual receiver hooked up to two tvs, has been working great for about two months.
It was installed without a smart card. The #1 tv is working, no problems, but when I turn on the #2, it says a smartcard is required to view!
Have any of you had this problem or do you know how to fix it?
I did a check switch,unplugged the reciever up to 1/2 hour, rebooted it...nothing!
DNW has not sent out a smartcard, so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Waiting for your answers.
Thanks so much.:D

Dohhead

Hey Doh, try bringing up the guide on TV2 and going to channel 101. It's possible the TV2 just may be on a channel you don't subscribe to (As both operate separately). Also what is the error # on the upper right of that message?

The 222 dosen't have a separate smart card it is built into the circutry. Go to menu 6-1-3 and it should display a S19 smart card number.

Greenguy is correct. You can find receivers with the "G3" embedded on the "board" and others with the external black, purple, and red card. I am very concerned with the message you are getting that says a smartcard needs to be installed to view. That is not something that suggests the TV is on a wrong or unsubscribed channel. It is more like a more serious issue with internal communication in the box. Are you still getting this issue? If so, as Tommy asked, what is the error number top right corner of the screen? Have you seen an Error 122 (Internal Communication error) on either TV, even if intermittent? Is the current message a 361 (insert a new smartcard) on TV2? Sorry for the questions, just trying to get as much information as I can from the OP.

Last edited:
222K problem

Hey Tony T & all...sorry I didhn't get back sooner, was away.
I have quoted the message on the screen, sorry I didn't get the number yet.
Sure hope it isn't an internal problem..if so what are the options?

"Smart Card has to be installed to see the
program".

Thanks guys

Dohhead:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts