VIP-612 and Harmony 550 issues

xmaciek82x

Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
Chicago
My VIP-612 and Harmony 550 remote have been working fine for 2 years. Ever since I moved, the receiver started "acting weird". Random channel switching, random searching, etc. My guess is from what I been reading is a neighbor has the same IR channel or some frequency is causing this.

I know how to switch the IR channel from default 1 to something else, but once I do that my Harmony remote stops working. From what I been reading is that the VIP-612 only allows IR on channel 1 and everything else is UHF. Since all harmony remotes use IR only, what can I do? What are my options on switching from IR channel 1 and still using a my universal remote?

Nice. Let me give that a try and see how it goes. I hope that this will fix my reciever from acting up. If not I'll be back asking for more help.

Just remove the UHF antenna from the back of the 612 if you are using IR which stands for Infra Red a beam of light. It is UHF signals that go thru walls. For IR you need to be in the same room as the receiver.

I don't have the antenna. Not sure where it is at, maybe lost it during the move.

Bobby, the steps you provided worked. We will see today how the TV behaves.

Not sure if I shoud start another thread, but another problem I started having is that after I turn on my TV using the harmony remote (Turns on TV and Satellite), the satellite does not respond to any commands from the remote. After I take the batteries out, everything is all good. Not sure what happened when I moved, but seems I just picked up bunch of weird issues. :confused:

Either the receiver is breaking or I need a new harmony remote. I was thinking about picking up the Harmony one, but hate to waste money if the existing one is not the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)