vip 612 not 622

golfwalt49

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
St Louis
Well i did it again i have been complaining about the cracking and popping coming out of my vip 622. Well this morning before i call the tech for dish again for the 100th time, i check the menu to see what receiver i do have and it saids vip 612. what i would like to know what receiver would be the best for me if i request a new receiver.Remember this is my third receiver from dish so i don't know if they will even talk to me. I may have to pay the $20 to have someone come out and check everything out and make sure everything is connected ok. I have only one tv a hdtv 42 inch vizio, a dvd/vhs combo and thats it. Can i use the 722 what ever that one is it doesn't seem to have to many problems, My Friend has the 722 i think he has two tv's hooked up and he doesn't have any problems. Can someone help me out before i call. Thank you guys for listening to me. Walt here in St louis area(Alton Illinois).

Is your crackling coming off all channels or just specific channels? I know St. Louis is having sreious issues with OTA locals.

Thanks Teachsac, yes it seems to be fox, cbs, nbc, we don't watch abc much at all but the locals a lot, if its them i guess i am stuck until dish can do something or someone. i was watching usa or tnt yesterday and i think it crack when i change the channel but not sure will really keep a ear out on the other channels today. also thanks gary i thought that would be the answer i get from them, I can't really aford to up grade right now, if i did would the 722 be the one. Thanks you guys see you all later.

Unfortunately replacing receivers in this case (as you've found out) won't help in your area. Engineers are working on solving the problem in your area. The 612, 622, and 722 are all affected with this locals' issue. There is supposed to be a beta version going out to certain users in your area to see if it has been fixed. Other areas have had the same problem, including mine, but has been fixed for the most part. Not sure what is up with St. Louis.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)