VIP 622 ..2nd tuner turns on by itself!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ronalr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Has anyone had this problem...when I wake up in the morning the blue light is on indicating the tv in the basement is on, well the 2nd tuner is on not the tv. I have to go downstairs and use the remote and turn off the 622. Then I get home in the afternoon and it is on again. had been fine for a year..I have the update that says I am turbo charged and I can see the vod 1080p listing.
Also there were a bunch of religious channels on the DVR to be recorded....It is only my wife and I in the house and she does not know how to work the DVR . Poltergiest maybe?

Has anyone had this problem...when I wake up in the morning the blue light is on indicating the tv in the basement is on, well the 2nd tuner is on not the tv. I have to go downstairs and use the remote and turn off the 622. Then I get home in the afternoon and it is on again. had been fine for a year..I have the update that says I am turbo charged and I can see the vod 1080p listing.
Also there were a bunch of religious channels on the DVR to be recorded....It is only my wife and I in the house and she does not know how to work the DVR . Poltergiest maybe?

Sounds like someone else has a Dish receiver and is setting timers. Read the instructions about how to change the remote 2 ADDR.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/user_guides_and_manuals/vip622/Chapter10.pdf

What has happened it that some other house nearby has Dish and their TV2 remote has the same exact address as your TV2 remote.

Here's your solution:
1 - Power off any other receivers other than your 622 you might have. Turn off other receivers.

2 - take the TV2 remote to the 622 receiver.

3 - open up the right panel on front of your 622. Power off the receiver and then press channel UP.

4 - the system info screen should pop up on your TV. You'll see both the TV1 and TV2 remote address numbers toward the bottom.

5 - take your TV2 remote and hold down the SAT button at top until the TV, VCR, and AUX buttons light up.

6 - let go of SAT button. The SAT button alone should start blinking.

7 - With this being a 622 TV2 remote and its 2 bands, look at the TV2 address number and key in a number either one more or one less than the one showing (for example, if your TV2 is currently set to address 5, select 4 or 6). Important: if you have another dual tuner in your house, make sure your don't select the same address number set for that TV2 remote.

8 - Press the # key.

9 - SAT button should blink 3 times

10 - Press Record button. Your TV2 should change to the number you selected.

11 -Take your TV1 remote and press SELECT, and the SELECT again. Your channels should come back on TV1.

12 - take TV2 remote and verify that channels are turning.

13 - power on your other receivers

I know that seems like a lot, but it really is a simple procedure once you've done it several times.

Last edited:
Thanks I am going to try that and will report back...It crossed my mind that another house may have dish but I did not think the remotes could travel that far.

You may need to call Melinda from the Ghost Whisper to find out what's happen?

I'd call her anytime, Jennifer Love Hewitt is a hottie!:love

As far as the TV2 tuner being on. I have mine set that way on purpose, maybe someone in your household did the same. I have TV2 set to auto-tune (which includes the power on) to a disney station about 6am, so if the kids get up early they just have to turn the TV on. This feature works great because they are too young to figure out how to work the remote. Go through each of your timers and see if one is set like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)