VIP 622: near static picture, normal dialogue!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
Happy New Year,
I recorded a program on my VIP 622 yesterday, when I started watching it, the picture would look like a set of static storyboards changing very slowly, while I could hear the dialogue normally. When I would switch to live TV on the same channel, while this program was being recorded, everything was normal. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it mean my VIP 622 might be reaching EOL?

-Hemant

Though not as you described, I had a playback anomaly a few days ago. I unplugged the receiver for a couple of minutes and everything was fine.

my 722K flaked, turned it off it went to the turn me on screen while the audion continued playing normally.

2 reboots fixed it

Mine does it on only 1 of tuners, most times bringing up the GUIDE will fix it for awhile, a reboot never hurts

I think we determined in the other thread that it's an occasional problem with the scaler. Forcing the box to reinitialize by either cycling the HDMI connection (ie, power off/on your TV if it is HDMI connected) or changing the screen resolution fixes the problem. You shouldn't need to power cycle the whole receiver...

I had the same problem and noticed on the TV output is was fine. I rebooted and problem went away.

Hi

I'm dealing with this problem right now, only mine does it on both recorded and live play.
I have to reboot the receiver 6 or more times a day.

They are sending me a new box.

I was not able to find any way to fix this except unplugging the Dish box even the front panel reboot didn't alway work.

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)