ViP 622 photo

formerx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Pennsyltucky
I couldn't find a photo of the new ViP 622, so I made this [poor] screen capture. Hopefully we will get a better look during/after CES.

Attachments

• vip.JPG
    vip.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 246
that's because the 622 and 942 use the same case and have virtually the same connections, so a picture of the 622 is pointless

I believe the picture was captured off the retailer chat. Leslie showed it off and they had a few static images of it. As mentioned, its pretty much a 942 with the new decoder chip that can handle h.264, thus not much has changed to the exterior :)

I still say they will recycle all of the 942s and turn them into 622s. It is only a matter of adding the mpeg4 decoder chip and possibly adding ethernet capability. Dish will reuse the old 942s and change out the front doors of the 942s and put a mpeg 4 vip 622 on the front . Saves them money. We don't need another new receiver designed from the outside to the insides and all new menus software etc. Makes more sense to reuse the existing software and the receiver platforms then to redesigned it all over again from the ground up.

Yes indeed the 622 looks exactly like the 942. In fact beta testers got them in 942 cases, which is where the 942+ came from.

I guess the beta testers did not know of the 622 name until I spilled the beans here at SatelliteGuys.

I have been contacted by a number of the beta testers and they say it runs as good as the 942 does with no real flaws.

Sounds promising to me. :)

BFG said:
that's because the 622 and 942 use the same case and have virtually the same connections, so a picture of the 622 is pointless
Not so. The ViP622 has a new case. The differences are easy to see in this photo.

Attachments

• 622.bmp
    368.1 KB · Views: 142

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts