VIP 622 question...Aspect Ratio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hatfield99

Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
OK, i feel like i'm an idiot...I very well could be, but please tell me there is a way to instead of not having to change your aspect ratio every time I want to watch HD.

Ok, here is what i do....I have a 1080p TV...and when I watch regular tv, i have my aspect ratio set at 4x3

then when I want to watch HD, i have to change my Aspect Ratio to 16x9.....am I doing this wrong?

I know with DTV you don't have to do that, my buddy has it and it turns right to the channels and adjusts....

please help me think there is a change i am missing?

thanks

Manual

Read the manual it talks about aspect ratio. Leave it on 16 X 9. 4x3 programming will be 4x3 in middle of 16 x 9 screen pillar boxed. If you can't stand watching it that way use the zoom control to stretch, partial zoom or zoom picture.

With it on 16x9 (assuming a modern HDTV) just press the format (*) button 1 to 3 times. You may want stretched for SD and normal for HD--most here use normal all the time because they want circles round and square squared as they should be. HD and SD settings are remembered separately, however SD shown on a HD channel can be a problem. Then you may have to shift temporarily to stretch or gray bars. Most LCDs will recover from black bars caused by the SD on HD, plasmas may burn in, I use an LED DLP so it will never happen.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)