ViP 622 remote and Samsung LN46A650 LCD

smjbh5

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2007
SF Bay Area
So I just bought this tv, and I'm trying to get my 622 remote to control the volume (and power) on the tv. It's not working. When I first got dish, I don't remember programing the remote to work with my old tv (controled volume and the power only). I also never need to change the remore funtion to 'TV' for this to work, it worked while on 'SAT'.

How do I fix this?

Press and hold the clear/white mode button on the remote labeled "TV" for a few seconds. The lights will all turn solid at the top - Let go. The TV Button will flash.

Press the red "TV" power button on the remote once.

Point the remote at the TV and slowly press the up arrow (channel up, not Page Up)... about once every half second, or slower. Keep pressing it every half second until the TV Turns off.

Press the # button at the bottom of the remote.

Enjoy.

Press and hold the clear/white mode button on the remote labeled "TV" for a few seconds. The lights will all turn solid at the top - Let go. The TV Button will flash.

Press the red "TV" power button on the remote once.

Point the remote at the TV and slowly press the up arrow (channel up, not Page Up)... about once every half second, or slower. Keep pressing it every half second until the TV Turns off.

Press the # button at the bottom of the remote.

Enjoy.

Didn't work. All I get is that mode reminder thing on the screen.

I have the exact same t.v.......go to dish network sight and look up the codes for your samsung t.v........there are quite a lot of them to choose from my remote works my t.v. just fine volume and on/off

I have the exact same t.v.......go to dish network sight and look up the codes for your samsung t.v........there are quite a lot of them to choose from my remote works my t.v. just fine volume and on/off

Is there a particular code for the 650? or just pick one for Samsung out of the book.

Sorry I don't remember which one I chose but just try one at a time and you will find it.

You can read your code from your remote and post it for the OP following these steps.

Press the # button twice

The TV light will now begin flashing. count the successive flashes until it pauses momentarily this is the first number (note that a very short flash indicates a 0)

continue to count the next set of flashes for the second number

do the same for the third

If your remote is in limited mode, it will also flash a 1 for a 4th number. You can ignore that number unless the OP wants to put his remote in limited mode.

These steps can be very useful if you ever need to replace your dish network as you don't have to power scan for all your devices again.

516 is the code for all samsung tv's. so just follow the directions as stated: press and hold down the tv mode key until all mode keys light up a solid red, let go and the tv mode should be blinking, next press 5 1 6 and the #, the tv mode key should blink three times. try working the volume and see if it works. note, on a samsung tv the remote will work kind of funny with the volume. you have to press the button each time you want it to decrease or increase in volume. not like most tv's to where you can just hold down the volume and the tv responds.

516 is the code for all samsung tv's. so just follow the directions as stated: press and hold down the tv mode key until all mode keys light up a solid red, let go and the tv mode should be blinking, next press 5 1 6 and the #, the tv mode key should blink three times. try working the volume and see if it works. note, on a samsung tv the remote will work kind of funny with the volume. you have to press the button each time you want it to decrease or increase in volume. not like most tv's to where you can just hold down the volume and the tv responds.

Or try 738 for the code instead of 516. That one seems to work the volume better. Hold the volume up or down button and it is seemless.

. note, on a samsung tv the remote will work kind of funny with the volume. you have to press the button each time you want it to decrease or increase in volume. not like most tv's to where you can just hold down the volume and the tv responds.
On my Samsung DLPs, holding the Dish remote's volume up/down works as expected so his might too. I use code 738.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts