VIP 622 screen cutoffs

Jim5506 said:
My understanding is that, on CRT projection TV's especially, each input and each resolution setting has its own calibration settings. If you get your set professionally calibrated, they charge extra for each additional input and each additional resolution they have to calibrate. These settings not only include overscan, but also white balance, grey scale, and the whole gammut of adjustments.

This may be true on some but on my set, a Sony KP57-WV700 CRT RPTV, the component inputs and DVI use the same values for a lot of the geometry and picture setup functions. I have tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to strike a picture position balance between my current DVD players (1 component out, 1 HDMI/DVI - and w/ 2 previous component DVD players) and the 942 and now 2 different 622's. (I own a 942, a 622, and lease a 2nd 622 - all 3 have the same screen position issue).

What makes it unacceptable to me is not all of the Dish HD channels are positioned the same. I can adjust my set so HBO HD and the locals are ok - not perfect, just ok - but then several of the VOOM channels are too high and cut off the top and have a black bar on the bottom. And to make matters worse, then my DVD players display a picture that is shifted up and not centered vertically. I have compared units using the same set of inputs and all the dish units are way off.

I would be mildly happy if dish would just "position match" all of their channels and the guide and then add some position controls in the software.

Cheers!

2 Vip 622's (L357); 1 942 (L287) All in Single mode
Dish 500 w/ DPQuad for 110/119
Dish 500 w/ DPTwin for 61.5 and a DPP44 switch.
RG6 Quad shield thru a media distribution center.
Sony KP57-WV700 CRT based RPTV
Sony V40XBR1 LCD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)