VIP 622 Using RF Remotes for TV 1 and TV 2

bryan.bard@yahoo.com

Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Southwest Virginia
Thanks in advance for tips / instructions.

Current setup:

TV 1 HDMI in living room using IR remote 1.
TV 2 Coax cable in bedroom using RF remote 2.

Basement TV is hooked to a splitter off of TV 2 coax, I have a second RF remote 2 for the basement.

What I want to do:

From TV 1 Composite side to the tv in the basement composite input. Get a third RF remote and use it for the composite TV 1. In doing this I would be able to switch from TV 1 to TV 2 in the basement and have RF remote for each.

You can do it but you'd have to also switch your primary tv1 location to RF. In essence you would need 2 additional "tv2" remotes, and switch the tab on the bottom from "2" to "1".

At that point go into Menu 6-1-3 and address the remotes accordingly. Most easily accomplished with a pair 21.0 remotes.

You can do it but you'd have to also switch your primary tv1 location to RF.
No he does not have to switch primary TV to RF. He just needs to set IR remote to same address as the UHF remote.

(1) The 622 output should be the same as my 722 with both TV1 and TV2 (each needs to be enabled) sent on the single coax output.
(2) The 6.3 remote can be switched from Green TV2 RF control to Black TV1 UHF control by flipping the tab at the bottom. 21 same?
(3) Any 5.x remote will only be IR. 20 remote the same?
(4) RF/UHF remote signals can be sent up the same cable as the outputs use with diplexers or even splitters, likely.

-Ken

Yes, Menu+6+1+3 does several transponder tests for each of 3 satellites and presents them in Details. That's easier than doing individual TPs. And no spotbeams.

Working with the remotes press Menu twice to see the addresses as you change them.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)