VIP 622 won't power on - DVR contents

straightjacket

Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
pitsburgh
I have a VIP 622 DVR that won't power on. It's been like this since 10pm last night. It starts to power up, a screen saying 'acquiring signal' comes on for a couple seconds and then disappears. Then this just keeps repeating.

Called Dish tech support this morning and they say the unit is bad and they're sending me a new one.

Is there any way I can recover the contents of my DVR from the 622?

I have a VIP 622 DVR that won't power on. It's been like this since 10pm last night. It starts to power up, a screen saying 'acquiring signal' comes on for a couple seconds and then disappears. Then this just keeps repeating.

Called Dish tech support this morning and they say the unit is bad and they're sending me a new one.

If it won't boot up, no. If it did, you could transfer to an EHD.

Unplug from surge protector. Plug Vip 622 into "ground plug adapter". This means plugging receiver from its OEM grounded plug into an ungrounded 2 prong plug. The whole Vip receiver family does not like to share power. That's why I stated to unplug from surge protector. This may allow the receiver to power on long enough to pull recorded programs from the DVR.