VIP 722 DVR Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nmoline

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Indianapolis
I have a VIP 722. How do I manually change which television a scheduled program will record on? If I am in the bedroom(tv2) and it is set to record Modern Family; but I want to watch another show in the bedroom while Modern Family records, how do I tell the receiver to record it on TV1?

I can not determine how to manually change the tv for scheduled programs.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

I have a VIP 722. How do I manually change which television a scheduled program will record on? If I am in the bedroom(tv2) and it is set to record Modern Family; but I want to watch another show in the bedroom while Modern Family records, how do I tell the receiver to record it on TV1?

I can not determine how to manually change the tv for scheduled programs.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Need to go into the Menu-8-5/Record Plus and change the setting to TV1.;)

That changes the default tv for programs to record on.

Is there anyway to change my already scheduled programs? There should be an option for me to go to my schedule and then options and say I want this to record on TV2 instead of TV1. Am I just not seeing this option or does it not exist?

That changes the default tv for programs to record on.

Is there anyway to change my already scheduled programs? There should be an option for me to go to my schedule and then options and say I want this to record on TV2 instead of TV1. Am I just not seeing this option or does it not exist?

Dish has given you a receiver that you get to decide whether it will be controlled independently from two different locations - TV1 locally and TV2 at a remote location - this is Dual Mode. The second option is to share the two tuners at both locations - this is called Single Mode. Lots of flexibility in Dual Mode but also safeguards to prevent one viewer from interfering with the other viewer. :)

No, you can not reassign the recording to TV1 from the TV2 location. This potentially would allow you to "mess" with the TV1 viewer's enjoyment. If you want the flexibility of being able to change tuners being viewed when one is recording locally, you'll need single Mode.... and the receiver doesn't allow you to change that option using the remote. You must go to the receiver and change the mode on the receiver's front panel - and risk the wrath of the TV1 viewer.

you could also, look for that show on a later time, and reset your timer. delete current at say 8pm, and find same program on at 11pm, most shows on cable channel( not locals) repeat constantly! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts