This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

VIP 722 Fan Motor Unit

Bearsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Long time no talk.

Hope everyone is well.

I have a VIP 722 , cooling fan is screaming.
Sounds like it needs a CPAP.
I have replaced fan in past. Like 5- 9 years ago. ? ? ?

Need to replace again.
Need part #, recommendations for fan units.

Our unit (722) is in undesirable conditions fwiw.
Cat hair. Oh My.

The cover of 722 is removed. To help with cooling/ventilation.
Has been for years, and helps significantly with the heat.
However, open top, introduces more cat hair, oh my.
The 722 is 3/4 covered by a DVD unit fwiw.

Anyway. Need a new cooling fan.
Please direct me to a model #, source, links, etc.
To order new cooling fan unit.

Thankyou.

Weird, searched, nothing showed, then created thread, now threads show. Odd.

Thanks for all help.

Bear

I replaced mine many many years ago by going to Micro Center and matching the diameter and power connector plug. But like you, I certainly do not remember what make/model it was. I think CPU fan manufacturers come and go. Sorry I could not be of more help. My 722 (which I still have in a closet) was a great receiver in its day. Using DishAnywhere, I could even play recordings off the EHD via my Sling Adapter. Of course that capability went away with the Sling Adapter.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Or get a snake. Kidding.
Just for giggles look if the fan has a label on the back of it. If so, heat it with a hair dryer and peel it back. There might be a round plug covering the bearing. Dig it out and see if putting 1 or 2. Not 55. Drops of thin viscosity oil in. Like 2 stroke, sewing machine....thin oil. Work the fan blade back and forth and in and out to get it to soak in. Wipe the excess off. Maybe Q Tip the old stuff out and add a new drop. Put the plug back in. Wipe off any oil where the sticker sticks to with alcohol. Heat it again and put the sticker back on. Maybe.....