VIP 722 SD looks like garbage

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
i got my 722 at Christmas and it being my first HD signal on my tv,i loved(and still do) how great the Hd channels look,

i remember right after getting i thought the SD channels looked poor,but i figured it was because i had just watched HD programming.

i came to Dish from Directv SD only.

well, i just watched a movie with my daughter that i burned from Directv to dvd back in october/november sometime.

i started the movie and instantly was amazed how good it looked for a SD recording,i was even on the 4hr burn setting and it looks better than Dish SD..

?

why is Dish SD so crappy,tons of artifacts, blotchiness,
i got used to it,but now i realize how nice my Directv was looking in SD.

i wont go back,i love dish dvr and the HD is good,

but why the huge difference between the 2 companies on the Sd side?

or is this something relatively new for dish to gain bandwidth?

thanks.

My SD is just fine and I do watch HD most of the time. My 55" Mits. 6 year old RPTV at 12 ' has a great SD pic from my 622. I watch SD via S-video and HD thru Component which still has the wow factor. You might try a different input for SD.

Different tv's handle sd differently. What setup are you using when watching the sd signal?

totally agree,and know what you are saying ,but i am watching this exactly the way i wathced my directv tivo, s-video to my same old 30" hd,

sitting on the same sofa ,like was said before,i will burn a dvd and see what it does??? dont see how it matters ,but you never know,

i was really wondering if others felt this way.

maybe i will try watching through other outputs

totally agree,and know what you are saying ,but i am watching this exactly the way i wathced my directv tivo, s-video to my same old 30" hd,

sitting on the same sofa ,like was said before,i will burn a dvd and see what it does??? dont see how it matters ,but you never know,

maybe i will try watching through other outputs

I can see where your tv may be set to Direct standards. I do not use the s-video for sd viewing, I use the component as they seem to handle the resolution better. I do use the s-video for dvd recording, the discs work great that way.

i got my 722 at Christmas and it being my first HD signal on my tv,i loved(and still do) how great the Hd channels look,

i remember right after getting i thought the SD channels looked poor,but i figured it was because i had just watched HD programming.

i came to Dish from Directv SD only.

well, i just watched a movie with my daughter that i burned from Directv to dvd back in october/november sometime.

i started the movie and instantly was amazed how good it looked for a SD recording,i was even on the 4hr burn setting and it looks better than Dish SD..

?

why is Dish SD so crappy,tons of artifacts, blotchiness,
i got used to it,but now i realize how nice my Directv was looking in SD.

i wont go back,i love dish dvr and the HD is good,

but why the huge difference between the 2 companies on the Sd side?

or is this something relatively new for dish to gain bandwidth?

thanks.

Might be a dumb question, But is your DVD player that you are playing the SD on from DVD an up converting player?:D

Crappy SD on dish

Try watching a Hockey Game in HD and then watch crappy SD feed dish has from MSG, and maybe you will be in the same boat as me, considering dumping dish for directv, after my nhl ci subscription expires.

Dish SD PQ is crappy. If your watching it on an SD tv then its fine. But on both my HD tvs its not good, infact I think it got worse. Looks real grainy,red push is too red. Color balance is too extreme But on my SD Sony its fine. And if you have All American Direct for DNS locals ,Those are almost unwatchable.The 622 is worse then the 211 IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts