vip 722 tv 2 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gtjr92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
I have had dish for a couple years, for the longest time my second remote worked pretty well. Lately it is very temperamental. I tried moving the antenna on the dish. Is there some way I can get the antenna to work any better and get better reception? ?The sat box has been in the same place forever .

try changing the remote address? press menu twice on remote, then hold down sat button until it blinks, press any number, press pound, keep pressing record until address changes

If tv2 is a ways away from the receiver, you may need to relocate the antenna from the back of the receiver to the tv2 location, its possible that something new in your house is now causing interference with the remote. You'll need 2 splitters and three small coax jumpers for this to work. Try Dish5150's solution first, if that doesn't work you can move the antenna.

Dish 5150 idea worked for now. though you can't use any channel has to be 1-16 I tried 31 first LOL here are details instructions that did it thanks.
Here are detailed instructions
How to Change the Dish Remote Address | eHow.com

Jimmer if this problem comes up again and I keep having the issue would dish come out and add your solution for free if I had paid for monthly support (I don't pay for that now, but could change if needed :)? My tv is way in the back of the house about as far a way as it could possible be from the sat box. No easy task to run cable from that far. Least not for me anyway.
I also noticed in the doc you referenced is mentioned something about not having the antenna on the same cable as on that has a tv antenna. I use a tv antenna with my 722. Would that be an issue with doing you solution?

I could have written the original post here. I am having the exact same issue.

Changing the remote address makes little if any difference.

I put brand new batteries in the remote and that made no difference.

I tried using the #2 remote from my 622. It did not work any better.

I then tried the 2#722 remote with the 622. It would control the 622 from outside the house two house down the street (roughly 100 yards) The same remote does not want to control the 722 from over 15 feet away with a clear line of site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts