vip 722K loses some HD channels occasionally

ppappas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 10, 2004
San Jose, CA
I am long time Dish customer and just made the move to HD three weeks ago with the addition of a 722K receiver. Six or seven times since I had this installed, I lose the ability to tune in some of the HD channels. I get the error message telling me to change the channel or reset the receiver by pressing the power button for ten seconds. When this happens, it doesn't affect all my HD channels, but only some of them and not usually the same ones. There also doesn't seem to be a pattern for time either, it happened three days in a row once and then not again for three or four days. Resetting the receiver always clears the problem. Has anyone else seen this? I haven't called support because I know the CSR will just tell me to reset the receiver.

You need to call in whether or not you "know" what answer you're going to get. They won't fix what they don't perceive as a problem.

Yes, I will call when I have a half hour to spend on the phone. I just wanted to see if other have seen this which would point to a software problem.

I think I remember there was a glitch in the software on the 622/722 that could cause this but don't know if it affects the 722K as well. Best to also check your cables to make sure that isn't causing it. My "new" 622 was doing the same thing but when I changed the cable going from the wall to the receiver it went away and hasn't come back so far.

that message replaced the old one that used to say ' a problem has been detected with your multidish switch'. in either case, it DOES mean there is a signal issue. either cable or dish alignment.

I doubt it's the cable from the wall to the receiver as it's only the HD channels that are affected and I never had a problem with my older 522 which the 722K replaced. My guess is between the LNB and my switch since they also installed an additional LNB with an addtional cable to my DPP44 switch. In fact, Dish had to come back after the initial install to realign the dish because they did a poor job the first time. I guess I will have to get Dish back out here for a third time since this upgrade :(

OTA

My only problem with the 722k is that the OTA module doesn't seem as sensitive as the 622's seems to be. Yes I installed it after the system firmware update.