VIP 722k vs 222K/EHD

WB0JFC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I currently have two 508 DVRs and plan on up grading so I can receive HD. It looks like it would be cheaper to buy a VIP 222K with an EHD instead of a VIP 722K. If I go this route do I loose any function that I would have with the 722K?

The 211/211K with EHD would be a direct replacement for the 508's. A one-time $40 fee for EHD activation will give you the DVR functions without the monthly fee.

Thanks guys. I guess I made the mistake of assuming that both the 211K and 222K had the EHD feature. :( The 222K has a USB port, is there any rummors about EHD being added to it?

Thanks guys. I guess I made the mistake of assuming that both the 211K and 222K had the EHD feature. :( The 222K has a USB port, is there any rummors about EHD being added to it?

You're not the only one!

Someone posted here some time back that the ViP222 series is unlikely to ever have EHD support. It seems that the early versions of the motherboard used had some limitation that prevented EHD use, so they won't support it for any.

I'd say if they were ever going to support it, they'd have done so by now. Don't count on it, go with a 211 or 722 series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)