VIP 922 DLNA video streaming -partialy working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nick7

Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
I found some sign of working very LIMITED video streaming.

on PC side using PS3 media server
only work for .mkv file type using TSmuxer transcode.

once video playing only option is to pause and stop.

have you tried playing local network files on Playon ? Also Playone is for $80.00 ....

Thanks

have you tried playing local network files on Playon ? Also Playone is for $80.00 ....

Thanks

The trial is free to try and test. I would do the $40 for 1 year since I like to always have the new stuff and doubt I'll be using it for 3 years.

I have used the trial playon software and it worked well but will only stream in SD which is a deal breaker for me. I am using the Roku player now and it streams in HD and seems to do a better job streaming, not as many channels but works nice. Does anyone know if the 922 will reconize the Roku player in its device list and if so how to set up. Thanks in advance. Note-the cost of the Roku player is not much more than the cost of the playon software.

I used Playon to watch the unaired episode of Persons Unknown via HULU. After that I went ahead and started the next to last episode. A few minutes in the video froze. Nothing I tried could get any of the Playon stuff going. I checked my computer and Windows had shut the Playon server down for improper use of memory. I restarted it okay but did not try that same episode again. Yet.

And I've had problems with Playon not opening a few B&W jpeg files. TVersity opens them all. And earlier this week my wife had several of her life long friends over. A couple of them she had not seen in over 40 years because of relocations on our part mostly but these ladies and a couple of husbands are 70+ as are we. When I showed them a slide show via TVersity on our 82" Mits of about 100+ photos from over the last 70+ years they were amazed and thrilled.

The DLNA service seems so so for me thus far. I have a PS3 and stream 1080p content from my PC to it all the time. The few tests I have done on the 922 stutter on the video with 1080p content. This is all on the same network.

Ok guys... I just installed PS3 Media server on my home computer just to give this whole DLNA video thing a shot. I used playon some when i got the trial of it, and it was pretty cool, but didnt feel like paying for it. I have also had some success with playing music on my 922 via XBMC. Up until now, I have never gotten video to work... Well just a minute ago, i went on my 922, was able to navigate to and locate the episode of "Breaking Bad" that i had downloaded as an .avi file on my home computer. I hit play, and to my complete suprise, it worked... sort of!! The file played nicely but there was no sound! Is there some setting that i need to change in order to get sound from the .avi file? Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts