vip 922 release date

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Still not ready yet.

I want it out as much as you, but rather have a big free receiver instead of one you want to throw against the wall. :)

I heard that EchoStar is planning to concede their set-top-box manufacturing business to Tivo due to the hundreds of millions of dollars being racked-up in infringement fees and penalties, coupled with the fact nobody in Cable will buy an EchoStar branded "tru2way with sling loaded" DVR. Anyway, it looks like the T2200S will be the new Tivo Series 4, and we'll have to ask Tivo when they plan to make the 922 available to Dish Network. :rolleyes:

I didn't say it was true...just what I heard. ;)

I heard that EchoStar is planning to concede their set-top-box manufacturing business to Tivo due to the hundreds of millions of dollars being racked-up in infringement fees and penalties, coupled with the fact nobody in Cable will buy an EchoStar branded "tru2way with sling loaded" DVR. Anyway, it looks like the T2200S will be the new Tivo Series 4, and we'll have to ask Tivo when they plan to make the 922 available to Dish Network. :rolleyes:

it is true. Also comcast will be the new Dish.

Why bother posting such a fantasy?

There is a whole lot of misinformation being posted about Echostar and TiVo regarding this court case and echoing obviously faulty information (and doing so without a source) is making the problem worse.

Some folks don't appreciate your sense of humor, me included. However, how about posting a more likely fantasy: Dish is buying TiVo at humongous price. Or, if Dish loses the TiVo case, Charlie is going to swap out all "infringing" DVR's to ViP DVR's no matter the cost just to deny TiVo their further licensing payments.

I heard that EchoStar is planning to concede their set-top-box manufacturing business ... coupled with the fact nobody in Cable will buy an EchoStar branded "tru2way with sling loaded" DVR.
Sarcasm aside, I bet that part holds true. Why Dish/Echostar even thought it would happen is beyond me !