VIP Dvr622 and OTA HD Antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dstaff8321

Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Mobile, Al
Hi all...just replaced my 942 with a 622 HD DVR and connected my Winguard SS 1000 ota antenna to the CATV input. This is the only way I can receive local HD channels...worked fine with the 942...connected everything the same way...no ota signal at all...if i plug the ota coax directly into the HD Tv..I get channels, it is just not going thru the DVR 622. The Dvr is only connected to one TV in single mode [so i can use PIP] . The 942 was connected with diplexers..will not work on the 622...I ran a coax directly from the SS1000 to the CATV input on the 622...still no signal coming thru the 622...anyone else had problems????? Thanks

Hi all...just replaced my 942 with a 622 HD DVR and connected my Winguard SS 1000 ota antenna to the CATV input. This is the only way I can receive local HD channels...worked fine with the 942...connected everything the same way...no ota signal at all...if i plug the ota coax directly into the HD Tv..I get channels, it is just not going thru the DVR 622. The Dvr is only connected to one TV in single mode [so i can use PIP] . The 942 was connected with diplexers..will not work on the 622...I ran a coax directly from the SS1000 to the CATV input on the 622...still no signal coming thru the 622...anyone else had problems????? Thanks

Did you scan locals?

Scanned locals...got nothing.......did not try manual scan...I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a DVR/antenna problem thanks..i will keep trying......not much help from local techs

My understanding is that the 942 supplied the power to powered antennaes and the 622 does not. You may need to buy a power supply for your antennae.

depends on how close you are to the source. rabbit ears would get me a signal but it wasn't stable. i had to invest in driving to someone's house and pulling an outdoor antenna off their roof. Thanks freecycle! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)