VIP receiver on a Joey/Hopper setup using separate account

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I understand that Dish won't allow the VIP receivers to be on the same account as the Hopper/Joey system.

What if I were to open another VIP-only account and use the existing Joey/Hopper Outlet(s).. Would the hardware be compatible?

I understand that Dish won't allow the VIP receivers to be on the same account as the Hopper/Joey system.

What if I were to open another VIP-only account and use the existing Joey/Hopper Outlet(s).. Would the hardware be compatible?

VIP equipment would need a direct connection to the LNB/Switch. Hopper equipment uses a node, which will not work with VIP receivers

Currently I have a dpro-44 switch for my VIP equipment's. How can I do the upgrade while maintaining future option to reactivate my two purchased 722's?

Install brand new dish for Joey/Hopper and leave the existing switch/dish alone? I have Dish 1000+ for HD and international programming.

You can run 1 hopper off the 2 remaining ports of the DPP44, if you want 2 hoppers, you will an add'l switch

I still want to retain the OTA ability of my purchased VIP receivers.. plus one of the 722's I have spent $500 to be modified for R5000-HD so I'm not about to give that option up.

I actually own two cascaded dpro-44 switches for up to 8 VIP receivers in the house (though only 4 receivers are currently active).

A solo node will use 2 outputs from the switches and run 1 hopper
A duo node will use 3 outputs from the switches and run 2 hoppers

They can only use outputs 2, 3 and 4, not output 1 that has the power inserter

I fail to see why you can't put the power inserter between the DPP44 and the node.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts