VIP Receiver Retirement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would think if it's VIP Receivers, you already have, you'll be OK. They really, in my opinion, cannot force you to upgrade unless the equipment is obsolete and unable to work right

I'm interested to see what happens in June when my sister and brother-in-law call in to re-activate our ViP722k at our vacation cabin. This will be the third year for the "pay-as-you-go" account and I'd hate for them to run into a road-block on this account. There are a pair of ViP 211 receivers we can replace the 722 with (and I'm all on-board with that since it would cut out the DVR fee) but I guess I'll worry about that later...

Please share what happens.

Reactions: pattykay
Yesterday afternoon (February 8, 2018) I received an email from Dish Depot regarding the Olympics coverage available on DISH.

Hidden within it was this little blurb:
The ViP Series 222k , 612, 622 and 722k are no longer in stock anywhere.
DISH will activate them, if you can find, but for existing accounts only. We no longer have access to them from our distributors.
The part I put in bold is what I find interesting. If this is true, I still have time to get rid of my 622 boat-anchor, just need to make sure the buyer already has an account with DISH, and it's not a Hopper account.

This would also seem to indicate a positive answer for Foxbat's sister.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Yesterday afternoon (February 8, 2018) I received an email from Dish Depot regarding the Olympics coverage available on DISH.

Hidden within it was this little blurb:

The part I put in bold is what I find interesting. If this is true, I still have time to get rid of my 622 boat-anchor, just need to make sure the buyer already has an account with DISH, and it's not a Hopper account.
Along those lines, I still have a ViP612, a ViP722k, and three ViP211k's that I would like to unload, if anyone is interested.

I got a bid of less than $25 when I put the 622 on eBay, ended up canceled the auction because I thought all activation was going away. I will entertain any serious offer above that, OTA works great btw, I even have a compatible 500GB drive for it.

I got a bid of less than $25 when I put the 622 on eBay, ended up canceled the auction because I thought all activation was going away. I will entertain any serious offer above that, OTA works great btw, I even have a compatible 500GB drive for it.
How much do you want for just the drive?

I've never bitten the bullet on getting an owned receiver to replace my leased one. My luck withstanding, it would crap out on me in a few months after activating it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)