VIP211 and DVR Capability with ext HD?

I to am anxiously awaiting this feature set.
I only have 2 VIP211's With ver 520 on them and no EHD on either.
I have no enabling on my account either though.

Calling the Satellite God's Please give Steve the L520 Update!!!. :D

I just check my 211 info menu to see about this turbohd thing and discovered that my 211 had a software upgrade and I now have a menu for a EHD!!!!!
Are you sure?

It's been a long time since you left for Walmart, more than seven hours as I post this.

This would be a cruel cruel joke to play on your fellow forum members!

OK. Maybe this is like Santa at Christmas and we all have to go to sleep or he won't come in the night and bring us this new toy.

L520 went out to all 211 receivers yesterday I believe. Turn off your receiver and wait 30 minutes to see if it downloads the new software update.

I just checked and there is no EHD option anywhere in the menu.

I find this also interesting, I just checked channel 75 and I have been Turbo Charged but the VIP 211 Is not listed in there list as being able to do 1080P??? I have no channel 501 though.
So I am somewhat hopeful they are at least getting close with the DVR function on the 211's.
But then again this is E we are talking about. :rolleyes:

Oh man!

I'm bummed to the max.

Gmitchell, you got some 'splainin to do.

Steve:

This is what I did....OK I went to menu 6-1-6 One of the options is ERD setup click on button
It then tells you that "If you have an external recording device hooked up to your receiver you have the option of recording to this device." Is this menu used for a EHD? If not then "my bad" and I am sorry for being stuck on stupid.......But I am sure hoping that I can add a EHD

Hope this helps:confused:

Steve:

This is what I did....OK I went to menu 6-1-6 One of the options is ERD setup click on button
It then tells you that "If you have an external recording device hooked up to your receiver you have the option of recording to this device." Is this menu used for a EHD? If not then "my bad" and I am sorry for being stuck on stupid.......But I am sure hoping that I can add a EHD

The ERD option is left over code from the non-dvr boxes where you could setup up the STB to IR blast commands to a VCR.

Steve:

gmitchell,

sigh.

I think foghorn is right. But hey, it was fun for a while and you weren't stuck on stupid. It's no thing.

The ERD option is left over code from the non-dvr boxes where you could setup up the STB to IR blast commands to a VCR.

A what??? A VCR???

Seriously though, it is good to have your hopes raised now and then. You just have to remind yourself that you are no worse off than when you started if they don't come true...

Can't remember where I saw this, but I believe that ERD funciton will also record directly to the Pocketdish.

This menu option enables the high output IR emitter on the front of the ViP211 to control your VCR by flodding the room with IR signal - nothing to do with external hard drive - SORRY, I too wish it did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts