vip211 problem?

finrod60

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
north east pennsylvania
goodmorning everybody. i just had a vip211 hd receiver about 1 week ago and it seems to be turning itself off. i didn`t find anything in the manuel about it. is this normal operation or do i have a problem thanks for any info

The receiver will turn it self off at the time set under preferences/update to update the program guide and check for software downloads. If it is turning it self off at other times you might have a problem

:confused: goodmorning, just had a vip211 installed about a week ago and it works fine , except it keeps turning itself off. is this normal operation or do i have a problem thanks for any info.

My first 211 did this same thing. I had DISH send me a new one. You should probally do the same. Mine, I think was caused by overheating even though I had adequate ventilation around the receiver. Do you?

The receiver will turn it self off at the time set under preferences/update to update the program guide and check for software downloads. If it is turning it self off at other times you might have a problem

I just had a 211 installed and yesterday I saw where a window popped up and stated "the receiver would turn itself off due to inactivity, press yes or no to accept". I don't know if this is an intentional built-in feature, but I wasn't aware of it.

Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)