vip211k and 1000.4 EA

Well, I got the cheapo meter and got the dish aligned or so I thought. When I ran check switch I got green on all three sats (61.5, 72, 77), but after it acquired signal, it comes up with a screen showing complete signal loss. When i got the point dish screen, I get green signal strength on 61.5 and 77, but nothing on 72 even thought the check switch test said it was ok. Reran the check switch with the middle LNB covered and it shows good for 61.5 and 77 (as expected) and I can get all channels on those sats. I'm beginning to suspect that the middle LNB was damaged when the tripod fell over in the wind (now secured with a center weight).

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I'm currently connected to port 1 on the antenna.

thanks,
Ken

When you peak the dish my instructions tell me to use port 2 to aim and peak you dish on eithet 19 or 21 transponder on the 72.7 satellite. If you do that it should give you all 3 sats.

Thanks Mike, I used your method and was able to get a signal on 72, then uncovered the other LNBs and ran the check switch and got green on all three (61.5, 72, and 77). It went to acquire signal and sometimes it will work on channels that are on 61.5 and 77, but none on 72, and eventually a screen will pop up saying I have complete signal loss. Same thing happens on all 3 ports using the same alignment. I'm beginning to believe that the LNB was damaged when the tripod fell over after I had it working initially.

Ken