ViP211k Receiver and Dish500 Help

406cas

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2015
Missoula, Montana
I'm trying to set up a mobile dish for tailgating. I have a new ViP211k receiver and a Dish 500 (Dish Pro LNBF) on a tri-pod. When I connect everything and turn on, it automatically goes to Step 2 of 5 Getting software from satellite Status: Installing Switch. Then I get a screen asking me to check my connections, which I do, then I hit continue. The system tries to down load the software update again but fails and I get a screen that says "an error occurred during switch installation", please call 1-800-333-3474. I have not contacted Dish yet. I am an existing Dish customer, but I don't want to get inadvertently roped into a 2-year contact for an additional dish receiver that I'm going to use 7 times a year. I was hoping I could set this up in the backyard, get it activated, use it for the football season and then deactivate. I'm wondering if I have compatible components? Or, if I'm doing something wrong?

Are you sure that you have the dish on the tripod locked on the proper satellites? The software will not download if you are not aimed properly. You could hook the 211 to one of your existing in home cables and get the software dowloaded and then, when you get the call Dish for activation screen, simply hook your other equipment back up.

Reactions: HIFI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts