ViP211z and Playmaker question

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I'm loving this combination in my RV. It's amazing how fast it finds 110/119/129 (and how slow the program guide download is - come on Dish, a little more bandwidth please). It's mounted on roof of RV, so I can hear it when it operates. When it's not being used, about once per hour I hear gears working, two with short duration movements followed by a slightly longer one. Could it be it recalibrates satellite aim or can someone tell me what is going on. Thanks!

I have been told, and this may be not true. That the advertisements for a Local channel in the zip code where you are currently located (this is an FCC requirement) are on one Satellite and possibly a certain transponder. If the dish isn't pointing that way it will move for the duration AD and then back to the program satellite. If I watch my antenna it will move sporadically and then return to it's original position.

I have been told, and this may be not true. That the advertisements for a Local channel in the zip code where you are currently located (this is an FCC requirement) are on one Satellite and possibly a certain transponder. If the dish isn't pointing that way it will move for the duration AD and then back to the program satellite. If I watch my antenna it will move sporadically and then return to it's original position.
Uh, no that is not correct. The advertisements for any local channel are part of the original signal. That means that the ads are on the same satellite and transponder as the program. Now, Dish does have inserted ads that it places on some programming. Those are downloaded directly to the receiver and inserted automatically.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Uh, no that is not correct. The advertisements for any local channel are part of the original signal. That means that the ads are on the same satellite and transponder as the program. Now, Dish does have inserted ads that it places on some programming. Those are downloaded directly to the receiver and inserted automatically.

Well that proves that a few of the Dish install technicians are wanting in information. Suspicissions confirmed by you thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)