Vip222 with fart sounds in background

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I could use someones help with a issue I'm having with a VIP222. I have clear picture and clear sound with the exception with what sounds like fart sounds. (You have to be right up on the tv to hear them). It's only on the HD tv (tv 1) the sd feed is fine (tv2).

The setup I have is HDMI cable running to the tv. In the same surge protector I have a caller id unit pluged in and the tv. That's it. So if something is causing interference I'm not sure what I would be. Would it be just the tv or something wrong with the VIP222? How about maybe the phone line running to the phone near the tv?

LOL! You made me laugh. :)

Try disconnecting the caller ID unit first. If the sound is still there, try connecting the 222 to the TV using component cables (if you have them). It could be that the HDMI connection is causing the "strange" noise.

is it mrs. andrewj0781? or maybe the dog? sorry my
bad. if i remember correctly i had a bad phone cord once that caused a slight buzz replaced the cord & it was ok

gas problems.

Not crapping out just gas problems. What kind of programming are you feeding it? :D Just couldn't resist never heard of something sounding like it's farting before. Really it sounds more like the TV has problems than the 222.

My 722K does the same thing, but only sometimes and only the HDMI, not the component.

I could use someones help with a issue I'm having with a VIP222. I have clear picture and clear sound with the exception with what sounds like fart sounds. (You have to be right up on the tv to hear them). It's only on the HD tv (tv 1) the sd feed is fine (tv2).

The setup I have is HDMI cable running to the tv. In the same surge protector I have a caller id unit pluged in and the tv. That's it. So if something is causing interference I'm not sure what I would be. Would it be just the tv or something wrong with the VIP222? How about maybe the phone line running to the phone near the tv?

So today my 222 started making that strange noise again. I've noticed now that when the receiver makes this strange sound if I do a reboot that fixes it. So I wonder what makes it do it in the first place.

It may be termites in your wall. Some types of wood give termites gas, and if enough of them eat it you can hear tiny termite farts.

Side effect of volume leveling : You can hear the people on tv fart now.:p:p

Many funny comments, thanks!

The only un-funny thing, to me, is that I've had the same problem! It's not really a fart sound, more like a "rush...rush...rush..." thing. I've decided it's not in the equipment, it's part of some signal from Dish (inadvertant) that gets mixed in with the sound on some programs. I've noticed when the program material changes, it goes away. This doesn't happen often, by the way.

I think the comment about volume leveling is as good an explanation as any. Since I haven't heard the sound for a few days now, the problem could be fixed, or maybe I haven't been watching the channel the sound was on. Or as previously suggested, it could be something getting mixed in to the signal before Dish gets it.

Best regards,
Fitzie

I have a 722k and it seems like since the new software download, I get a popping in my surround sound (not a fart!) when the commercials change from one to the other. doesn't happen all the time, but I would say it happens maybe twice an hour. Its all channels too, not just like locals. I turned off the volume leveling in the menu on the 722k, but it still does it.

I believe I find the answer to my problem. I did two things that seemed to fix it. I changed HDMI cables and on the tv I put HDMI into slot 2. So far the audio seems to be clear not background noise and good video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)