VIP222K 1000.4 W unable to find 129

Your dish must be pointed 252 degrees magnetic which is half way between SW and W - VERY much to the west, it really sounds like you are about 10 degrees too far east.

With the two outer lnbs covered be sure you find the 119 satellite with the center lnb. This will put you in the vicinity of finding 110 with the right lnb (looking from behind the dish) and 129 with the left lnb (looking from behind the dish).

The port labels on the switch are irrelevant unless you are connecting them to a DPP44 switch. Center is ALWAYS 119 on the lnb head itself and the 119 satellite is between the other two in the sky.

The 1000.2 has been replaced by the 1000.4 W . It is supposed to be the same as the 1000.2, and is is for the western arc. Actually uses the same dish as the 1000.4 but has the same LMB setup as the 1000.2. Slightly confusing.

Lorhall

I see. I a quick search, and found a pic of one. It'll be nice for the techs to carry one less dish, but I always thought the .4s where a hassel to set up (With the strutts and all.). I've been out of the loop for going on a year now so it was new to me.

THNKS.

TO ALL YOU GUYS. As per the wrong information in the installation instructions I was peaking the antenna wrong. When I got that straightened around everything fell into place and all the numbers were in the right place on the switch test. Best of all I have great HD now.

Thanks again LORHALL

THNKS.

TO ALL YOU GUYS. As per the wrong information in the installation instructions I was peaking the antenna wrong. When I got that straightened around everything fell into place and all the numbers were in the right place on the switch test. Best of all I have great HD now.

Thanks again LORHALL
:clap:up

I have not seen the instalation instructions, however it sounds like the op was lining port with lnb. If instructions say to run a cable from port 1 and aim at 119 whilecovering the 110 and 129 lnb I bet he assumes the 119 LNB lines up with port 1.

Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)