vip222k

paulvegas

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2011
Las Vegas
I am new to dish.
I ordered the silver set up.
Everything was working fine for one day...
Next day, some channels did not show up...so tech sent new receiver..AND...
after several minutes on the phone, tech could not resolve the problem.
They are gonna send out a tech this Sat.
Meanwhile, is there somewhere I can go or look to see what proper settings and or set up procedures are?

What channel/channels are not working, and what happens when you go to them? I think there is some setup information in the manual that came with your receiver that may help.

I know only of MSNBC because I watch it. The channel it is on does not even show up unless I select all channel. Then when I click on it, it says I am not subscribed.
I will spend lots of time looking for OTHER channels I have contracted to receive

There's a known issue with MSNBC not authorizing in DISH America packages. Sorry for the inconvenience, but a technician and replacement receiver is not going to make a difference. Looks like you've already noticed the thread that the issue was first reported on. Any additional information we receive will be posted on that thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks Matt..but I still do not understand why i was able to receive MSNBC all day when my service was first hooked up and several others in here were not able to get msnbc the same time I got it.
I would LOVE to find others with a VIP222k receiver and ask if they got MSNBC on sunday.
If not, then why did I ?

for all to read! LOL
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Norah (ID: V79): How may I help you today?

paul: Hi. I checked my account and i have a messages that says..

Norah (ID: V79): I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Norah (ID: V79): I'd be happy to assist you with that.

Norah (ID: V79): In order to better assist you I will need to access your account. Can you please provide your home telephone number or the 16 digit account number listed on your DISH Network bill statement?

paul: You have an open appointment for a technician visit, please complete your programming order after your technician visit is complete.

paul: ############

Norah (ID: V79): Thank you.

Norah (ID: V79): To better assist you, please give me two minutes to review your response.

Norah (ID: V79): Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Norah (ID: V79): Do you want to order program on your account?

paul: switch me to a human being

paul: i want to talk to a human about my issue

Norah (ID: V79): I am sorry to say that you can not order it now.

Norah (ID: V79): When you finishes the tech visit, then only you can order it.

and....
paul: I would like to speak to a technician PLEASE

Norah (ID: V79): I am sorry, the tech is not available now.

paul: How do i get my issue resolved????

Norah (ID: V79): For security purposes, can you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?

paul: 5754

Norah (ID: V79): I'm going to transfer your chat to an Advanced Technical Support .

for all to read! LOL
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Norah (ID: V79): How may I help you today?

paul: Hi. I checked my account and i have a messages that says..

Norah (ID: V79): I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Norah (ID: V79): I'd be happy to assist you with that.

Norah (ID: V79): In order to better assist you I will need to access your account. Can you please provide your home telephone number or the 16 digit account number listed on your DISH Network bill statement?

paul: You have an open appointment for a technician visit, please complete your programming order after your technician visit is complete.

paul: ############

Norah (ID: V79): Thank you.

Norah (ID: V79): To better assist you, please give me two minutes to review your response.

Norah (ID: V79): Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Norah (ID: V79): Do you want to order program on your account?

paul: switch me to a human being

paul: i want to talk to a human about my issue

Norah (ID: V79): I am sorry to say that you can not order it now.

Norah (ID: V79): When you finishes the tech visit, then only you can order it.
:eek::haha:haha

oh..and this...heeeheee..

Kevin (ID: W7L): Sorry about that.

paul: stuff happens.

Kevin (ID: W7L): I think you will be good to go on Saturday though.

paul: but what about what the other tech said earlier bout giving me free cinemax?

Kevin (ID: W7L): One second.

paul: ok

Kevin (ID: W7L): thanks.

Kevin (ID: W7L): How about Showtime for three months?

paul: hold on...please explain? why other tech said cinemax and you say showtime?

Kevin (ID: W7L): Sounds like he was wrong about a few things. <--uh huh...that's what its about....oye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)