VIP612 DVR recordings after canceling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am able to see the drive in disk management, but it doesn't show up under "my computer".
That's normal for a working disk.
PVR Explorer pro doesn't see it either.
That's not normal and I don't know why it does not.
I can't get the drive to spin up until it is plugged into a usb port. I have a powered sata to usb adapter, but it wont spin until connected to my laptop. I tried using a powered usb hub, but that didn't work either. Unless the hub is bad. It is old. Tried on both Windows 7 & 10.
If you can see the disk on that computer, then I think it's spun up and likely healthy. You may be able to hear it spinning. If PVR Explorer Pro doesn't see that file system, then I don't know why.

I am sorry I cannot be of more help.

Until the internal timer says “phone home” (even by Internet) and that fails. Then bye bye recordings.
I cancelled my DISH account with my owned Hopper3 last month. I left it hooked up because I wanted a back up for my ota recordings on a couple of channels. I was still getting all my ota channels and recordings fine ,but only 103 channel from DISH for the satellite. Everything else is not authorized if you select it. I also had my external hard drive unplugged when I cancelled and just plugged it back in this week and guess what? I can see all my internal recordings and any of the shows and movies I had on the external hard drive too. So my hopper is my back up ota dvr and for all the movies on external drive and still use the access channels for Netflix and Amazon Prime and You tube.

Knock on wood.... waiting for the kill signal to kick in. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts