Vip622: Can I watch a program being recorded from the start?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
With my Vip622, let's say I'm recording LOST and it's been recording for 10 minutes so far.

Can I watch the show from the beginning while it's being recorded and then fast-forward through the commercials?

I used to do this with my Comcast HDTV DVR and I'm really hoping I can do this with the Vip622.

Thanks for your help!

yes...go to your DVR recordings list...you'll see what is currently recording at the top of the list. Select it and hit "Start Over"

I tried it and had a glitch - I was recording 2 shows back to back and started watching the first show while it was recording. When the second show started it stopped recording the one I was watching and took me straight to the second show. Ended up missing half the first one. Anyone else experience this?

Jeff

The only time this happens is if you are recording two OTA shows. Since you only have one OTA tuner you can only record one OTA show at a time.

yes...go to your DVR recordings list...you'll see what is currently recording at the top of the list. Select it and hit "Start Over"
Oh, excellent. I must have missed the option or whatever.

Thanks!

I tried it and had a glitch - I was recording 2 shows back to back and started watching the first show while it was recording. When the second show started it stopped recording the one I was watching and took me straight to the second show. Ended up missing half the first one. Anyone else experience this?

Jeff
Did you turn to the channel you were first watching or did you use the DVR listings. I have had this happen if I was tuned to the channel. I doesn't occur if you are watching through the DVR.

I was watching through the DVR, and I don't have OTA so I was only using the two tuners in the box. Like I said - must have been a glitch. However, that being said, I have had far fewer glitches with the 622 than I had with the Comcast DVR. The most anoying thing about the Comcast DVR was it lagged during remote commands. That is the primary reason I switched to E.

Actually, I don't see the other recordings on the DVR so I think that's my problem.

In the schedule it shows them being recorded on "TV 2" (or whatever that "2" means), but I'm watching "TV 1".

In the "My Recordings" section I don't see ANYTHING at all, but in the scheduler it shows my programs have been recorded (eg. it says "Done." for them).

How do I view my other recordings?

If you hit the DVR button twice, it will show you all of your recordings. If there is something currently recording it will be at the top of the list with a number on the side of it, this number shows which tuner is being used to record.

Then after hitting the DVR button twice, from either TV1 Output or TV2 Output, you can select any recording to watch, including one currently being recorded. When you select it, it will give you a few options, click on START, or if you previously started watching it, it may give you RESUME or START OVER.

So a few minutes after you start recording, you can start watching it from your DVR listing using TV1 Output; and then a few minutes later, someone else can start watching it from the beginning using TV2 Output.

You can skip commercials, but only until you catch up with the "Live TV" signal. At this point, you need to make sure you don't select any options that cancels your recording and switches you from DVR to Live TV, or you may stop your recording.

That's strange...

In my schedule, if I scroll up (for the previous day), it has a bunch of Mythbusters shows that say "Done", but in My Recordings they do not show up.

You're hitting the DVR button 3 times instead of 2 times. :D

Hit the DVR twice, and you will see recordings on the HDD, that it, the ones that were recorded and not deleted.

Hit the DVR three times, and it goes to the Daily Schedule. The Daily Schedule shows everything that you Programmed into the system. Even those that you later changed your mind and did not record. This can be modified to show or not show does that are skipped. This page keeps a continuous record and cannot be modified, but after it gets to a certain number of entries, it then over-writes the older ones first.

EDIT:
I just re-read your post, and it sounds like someone has deleted your recordings; or maybe you have a malfunction and they are not being saved.

I tried to start over after 10 minutes and went to daily programing and it never gave me the option to start over. tried clicking on timer and options and everything else. nothing worked. this 622 is nothing but problems. my close captioning doesn't work through my tv button on the remote like my old dvr. And don't choose a tv2 that someone else is going tow watch or you'll keep interferring with each other. Its a pain in the neck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)