ViP622 L4.01 Update on Thursday (Again)

Not sure that older receivers would have the Hardware support in their Power subsystems to support Dishcomm. Personally, I won't let it on my power lines since I expect it will interfere with my X-10 lighting control.

My 622 is plugged into a UPS which is plugged into a Noise Block. So much for Dishcomm :D

When I see these L4.01 threads I think of Bill Murray waking up at 6AM to the tune of Sonny and Cher's "I Got You Babe" on his alarm clock radio...

More info on the DBSTalk testing opportunity here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=82935

"That tells me that E* hasn't really decided if they're ready to release it."

E* still wants to test this software update? You've got to be kidding me. What's so special about it?

"If you don't have the time this weekend to spend testing the software, please don't respond to this request."

So they aren't releasing the software this week?

I can't say anything, but I wish I knew about this earlier. :)

And thats all I can say about that. :D (Staff knows what I am talking about though)

I applied. :) Lets see if this is for real or not.

So we go from it will be out on March 1st to we need dome more beta testers. Not sure what to believe. The only good thing about this is if they added a feature ;) onto this release. I guess that would be a good thing for the delay otherwise it is just sad.

To bad I wouldn't be around this weekend to kick the wheels so I guess i will have to wait.

Just disappointing that DISH can't seem to get their act straight.

Ok folks just heard from someone at Dish about this.

If you want in on the beta email markdl@dbstalk.com

Include the following information:

DBSTalk Username
Real Name
Email Address
Phone number on your Dish Network account
Receiver number (R00...)
Smartcard ID number (S00...)

I am told by Dish Network that YOU DO NOT need to be a DBSTalk member to get in on this, and in addition I was told that everyone who applies will get in on the beta as long as they get their info to him by 7am Eastern Time Tommorow.

Apply away. :)

DishComm is like having a wireless phone jack built-in to the receiver. You need only hook up one phone line in the house to any receiver and all receivers will have dial tone through the AC lines.

What frequency does this operate on? As nice as this feature would be if I had multiple receivers, since I don't have multiple receivers I'm wondering whether it will interfere with any of my radio receivers.

Does the DIshComm support require additional hardware? or will it just start working?
From what I remember you need to enable it for it to work, its not turned on by default.

Also a lot of power strips will strip out the Dishcomm signal, so it will not work in all setups.

Ok folks just heard from someone at Dish about this.

If you want in on the beta email markdl@dbstalk.com

Include the following information:

DBSTalk Username
Real Name
Email Address
Phone number on your Dish Network account
Receiver number (R00...)
Smartcard ID number (S00...)

I am told by Dish Network that YOU DO NOT need to be a DBSTalk member to get in on this, and in addition I was told that everyone who applies will get in on the beta as long as they get their info to him by 7am Eastern Time Tommorow.

Apply away. :)

Make that 6:00am EDT tomorrow if you want in on this. I'm turning in the list of names at 8:00am MDT tomorrow. And, if you don't have a DBSTalk username, your SatelliteGuys username will be fine. Heck, I'm even turning in Scott's name... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)