ViP622 L4.01 Update on Thursday (Again)

You guys are talking about software for your Dish receivers, right ?? Then why so upset that you missed out ?? :D
I was expecting someone to say that!:eek: Well I still want it none the less but the point I was trying to make is that it's not such a huge update, it's basically 3 small updates. It's not like it's some total revamp and a mass amount of changes. In the scheme of things is a very small and slight change so why go back and forth especially when the update is out of Beta? It makes no sense.

Jay

You guys are talking about software for your Dish receivers, right ?? Then why so upset that you missed out ?? :D
I was expecting someone to say that!:eek: Well I still want it none the less but the point I was trying to make is that it's not such a huge update, it's basically 3 small updates. It's not like it's some total revamp and a mass amount of changes. In the scheme of things is a very small and slight change so why go back and forth especially when the update is out of Beta? It makes no sense.

Jay

As you can tell I don't post much, but I've been around for a while.
I don't believe that I've seen such a bunch of "I want it now" crybabies on any other forum that I belong to. Get over it, it's just TV! If you can't handle it, cancel E and order D

I got L4.01 last night! Didn't think I would get it until tomorrow but checked this morning and sure enough there it was. Just getting ready to check things out now. I did notice the HD channels are remapped. Also my DVR recordings are still there, and they now have an HD logo next to the ones that are in HD (except for OTA recordings.) Off to work right now but I'll test more this afternoon.

I woke up this morning to a 760 error saying my HD was corupt and I needed to delete some stuff. Instead of choosing the "Delete" option, I just did a power cycle and everything was fine/dandy. No s/w update though. My updates are scheduled for 4am. I bumped it up to 8am this morning in case I missed something ;)

I have a feeling that I'm going to feel about ViP622 4.01 the say way I felt about Star Wars Ep. 1 after it was released. Huge hype followed by disappointment.

Widescreen,

Missaw excited 'bout get me the Software update. OOops, that Jar Jar Character RUINED the whole movie, even though without him it would have been a pretty BAD Movie.

I got the Email from Dish and the Beta screening questions.

John

I have been following this thread since it started but did not sign up on the list. This morning when I turned on my 622 I had the corrupted hard drive message. I OKed it and it rebooted. I checked the software version and still had the old version. Does this mean that a download attempted but failed?

Spooling from midnight:

PID: 08B1h, ID: 12KC, FW: L401, Model: ViP622
Upgrading FW:
'L401': 'L040'- 'L365'
'L401': 'L040'- 'L365'
New FW:'L401'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[3-8]1[AB01]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 1-4000000000

PID: 08BDh, ID: 10KC, FW: L401, Model: ViP622/ViP622
Upgrading FW:
'L401': 'ABA1'- 'BHQ1' 'L040'- 'L400'
'L401': 'ABA1'- 'BHQ1' 'L040'- 'L400'
New FW:'L401'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-75766628
List of Serial Numbers:
[267]

Wed Mar 21 23:19:54 2007

RedWings said:
I woke up this morning to a 760 error saying my HD was corupt and I needed to delete some stuff. Instead of choosing the "Delete" option, I just did a power cycle and everything was fine/dandy. No s/w update though. My updates are scheduled for 4am. I bumped it up to 8am this morning in case I missed something
yelraek said:
I have been following this thread since it started but did not sign up on the list. This morning when I turned on my 622 I had the corrupted hard drive message. I OKed it and it rebooted. I checked the software version and still had the old version. Does this mean that a download attempted but failed?
To both of you, this is "normal" for L3.65 and L3.66 s/w level. It has NOTHING to do with any software update or a "missed" software update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)