Vip622 not showing wral 5.2 ota in guide

jmel

jmel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 30, 2007
Eastern NC
I have some attic antennas and can pick up 5.1 ota via my dish 622vip at 75%. For some reason, no matter how many rescans I do, I can't pick up 5.2 on the 622. I can see it on the tv just fine if I move the antenna to the tv directly instead. I read some directv forums and saw that some users there had issues for a while until tribune changed the channel mapping.

I see the channel clear as day in the menu-6-9 screen, but it wont show in the guide at all. I'm not talking about not showing guide info, I mean the physical yellow channel does not show at all.

Anyone else have this issue? Any ideas?

jmel

jmel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 30, 2007
Eastern NC
attached are the screenshots:

EDIT:

Just discovered a SLEW of channels that are missing... 19 and all subchannels, subchannels from 17, 38 and subchannels, and 1 of the subchannels from 50...

why wont the vip622 display these channels that I receive just fine off antenna???

:(

Last edited:
ncted

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Works fine on my 722. Have you tried deleting all OTA channels and re-adding them?

-Ted

Jonhern

Jonhern

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 23, 2009
Rhode Island
attached are the screenshots:

EDIT:

Just discovered a SLEW of channels that are missing... 19 and all subchannels, subchannels from 17, 38 and subchannels, and 1 of the subchannels from 50...

why wont the vip622 display these channels that I receive just fine off antenna???

:(
i see the guide is highlighted in green so its a custom list of channels right? did you add the sub channels to the favorites list? Check if they show up in all channels list.

D

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 9, 2006
Yeah, or please set your guide to ALL Chan and see if all your sub-channels show up there. That could be your problem.

jmel

jmel

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 30, 2007
Eastern NC
i see the guide is highlighted in green so its a custom list of channels right? did you add the sub channels to the favorites list? Check if they show up in all channels list.

Bingo. I have been using a favorites list for so long I totally forgot about it. Thanks for the detailed inspection!

All is good in jmel land now.

:D