VIP622 sporadically not recording timers

CRFTony

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Over the past few weeks I've had several programs not be recorded by my 622, despite them being scheduled to record and there being no conflicting programming. Everything is from the Dish signal, not OTA. I've spoken with Dish tech support and their only suggestion is to reboot the receiver.

It's very hard to pinpoint what's happening as it happens different ways. For example, Sunday night I was trying to record a documentary on HBO. In the schedule, it showed it was recorded but it didn't show up in my recordings. Last night, it was scheduled to record Top Chef Just Desserts but it didn't saying "Signal". It skipped it in subsequent recordings saying it was scheduled to record last night at 10pm, when supposedly there was no signal. Currently, it's supposed to be recording Jersey Shore but it isn't recording and says, "Event Skipped (Service Shutoff)".

The only one that makes sense is the Signal loss (maybe that channel was out last night), but the others are just boggling my mind. Does anyone have advice? (and please don't tell me to get better taste in tv, haha)

Matthew - I just did a check switch and they all came up green (I get 4 sats). However, MTV is not coming in right now (I checked when I saw Jersey Shore wasn't recording). Earlier today my SD feed of the local NBC affiliate wasn't coming in, but the HD version was. Usually when I lose signal the channels break up a bit or go in and out. But these are complete losses with absolutely no previous issues. Just like a switch flips and suddenly there's no signal.

I'll be happy to PM you the telephone number for my Dish account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)