ViP622 turning itself on

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I've recently noticed that some days my ViP622 is "ON" when I come home. Yet I've made sure it was "OFF" when I went to bed the night before. I discussed it with my wife to ensure she wasn't leaving it on. And I did a test to ensure it was in fact off, and nobody touched it, but it was back on the next day.

No updates are coming thru for this model. I think this was a problem a few months ago but went away. This is playing havoc with my Harmony Remote, which thinks it's off and turns it on- but really turns it off since it's a toggle.

Anyone else having this happen to them?

Yes, tested for neighbor. Nope. I no longer live that close since we moved out of the townhouse. And no "uncommanded" channel changes. A timer certainly could have run, but the machine should turn back off after recording- at least, that's been the normal routine.

:haha :haha :haha

Actually, since I know someone very quick in his ability to pick a lock, I paid big time to have special Medeco unpickable locks put on.

I'll just live with the "quirk" if it continues, and hear from my mother in law when it confuses her.

That is a strange one navy. I really can't figure out what the deal is, but I guess that is better then it staying off when you want it on, hehe.

The accidental timer is possible. Check maybe you set one to auto tune by mistake.

I'll do that.

I'm thinking I may set up a log, noting time off at night, any timers set for the next 24, and when/if it was noted to be back on.

I guess I also should pursue with Harmony to get "power on" and "power off" signals sent, instead of toggles.

The 622 keeps log itself. When I frst got mine I had a problem with a timer that misfired and several pointed me to taht log.

Looks like Geronimo may be right. I found two "auto tune" timers set that should have been one time only events, but were ongoing. Killed them. Hopefully, I won't be seeing it turn itself on again.

Thank you all.