This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

VIP722 and Hopper 3 on same account

RTCDude

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
San Jose, CA
Didn’t see anything current.

Will Dish now allow a VIP722 and a Hopper 3 on the same account? I realize I would have to have separate dishes (all user owned equipment).

It would be more convenient to have both receivers running during a transition period while transferring all the timers, preferences, etc. After the transition to the Hopper 3 was complete, the VIP722 would be retired and deactivated off the account.

Reactions: AkaDoubleG
It wouldn't have to be separate dishes but it WOULD be an exotic installation
DPP LNBF to 44 switch trunked to 42 switch.
722 connected to port 1 out of the 44 switch with a power inserter or power inserter on port 1 out and 722 on port 2 out.
Hopper three connected to port 1 out of the 42 switch with a solo hub for Joeys and power inserter on either port 1 or port 2 out

Not worth the time and expense just to transition timers and preferences....

Reactions: charlesrshell
DPP LNBF to 44 switch trunked to 42 switch.
Why the folderol? Why not leave the DPP44 switch out and just put the H3 on port 1 and the 722 on port 2 of the DPH42?
Not worth the time and expense just to transition timers and preferences....
I agree, but that may not be the case for the OP. Now for timers, I have long advocated for the save/restore to be available on DishAnywhere, and not the dubious remote feature.

But it is the case according to the OP...

Reactions: charlesrshell
Because I think you lose the dual tuner when a 722 is connected to a Hybrid device