VIP722 audio output

brequi

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Reedsburg, WI
Regarding audio output from TV 1 on the back of the box: If I run the HDMI to my TV and an optical out to my 5.1 receiver and an RCA out to my audio controller will the VIP722 provide sound to all 3? Thanks

I think so. I 've got HDMI and RCA going at the same time. What kind of setup are you doing that you need 3 different sound sources simultaneously?

I'm guessing your audio receiver doesn't do HDMI. Do you use the TV speakers (via HDMI) to listen to the audio or the optical for your receiver when you watch TV? Or both?

Typically audio to LCD TV's compared to 5.1 receivers is horrible. Is anyone here opting for the LCD TV speakers over their own 5.1 surround speaker setup?

I don't use the audio on my LCD TV over HDMI, because I have a 5.1 surround setup and it sounds much better that way.

I don't run my HT setup at all times. I have component and digital to the receiver and HDMI to the TV. Sound is fine when watching news, etc.

S~

I don't run my HT setup at all times. I have component and digital to the receiver and HDMI to the TV. Sound is fine when watching news, etc.

S~

Same as me. I run everything through my switching receiver and to one of the ports on the TV. I also run the alternate runs from the Sat dish, cable, etc to the unused ports.

I have a Harmony One so I have activities setup to:

Watch Dish - Stereo
Watch Dish - TV
Watch Cable - Stereo
Watch Cable - TV
Watch Blu-Ray - Stereo
etc....

Sometimes I want to just watch the news or a movie at night right off the TV and not shake the whole house and wake the dogs or wife!

The Harmony makes it great to program all the devices and activities so I can choose if I really want HT mode or just plain old watching the TV and I don't care if I hear the pin drop on the floor or have my butt cheeks vibrated! :D

I understand. I still use the A/V receiver and just turn it down and turn the sub off when the kid goes to bed. I just ran audio and video to my office computer monitor and speakers and it's a nice alternative to taking up the main living area in my small house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts