VIP722 Freezing screen

acc

Original poster
May 30, 2011
Ohio
For the last month or two picture on tV1 seems to be breaking up (like during a storm)
and also freezing up. Last night, I was watching a dvd, when I tried to switch back
to satellite, I had a balck screen saying no signal/no sync. Could not get back to satellite
after doing several reboots. TV2 was working this whole time. Finally called DIsh,
they got satellite back on but tv kept jumping channels and when it went to a different
channel, there was a long pause in between ( 20 - 30 seconds) and a black screen.
Dish technician said they would have to send someone out, but it would be several
days and there would be a charge. We just replaced our DVR unit about a month ago,
as the old unit went out and they sent new one. Has anyone else had problems similar
to this. We are watching local channels on an antenna right now, it will not got to
satellite at all. Prior to watching DVD last night, satellite was working fine.

Had this same freezing issue on my VIP922 this weekend I had a tech out sunday and they installed me another unit.

Hi acc, I would like to try and assist you with this issue. Can you please PM me your account info or phone# so I can review your account. I know you stated that you reset the receiver, is it plugged into a surge protector and can you bypass that directly into the wall if it is? Just let me know!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)