Vip722 Native Pass-Through??????

KostaVan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Does ANYONE know when or if this will ever be available??? Every other vendor has it...why is Dish not offering?

Isn't this just a simple firmware update?

Dish Network is installing tomorrow with a Vip722 and I just found out they don't offer native pass-through. This is VERY disappointing as I have invested lots of money for an external video processor which I wanted for a scaling purposes.

What is wrong with DISH?????!!!!!!!??!!!

I"M SAD!!!!!!!

Is DirecTV the better way to go?

Dish is aware of this feature that customers want and has acknowledged that they're planning to offer it. When ? The only date given has came and went... No one can tell you a firm date. Call tech support and ask about it and be sure they document it.

I have to believe there's nothing "simple" about doing this though or else it would have had it from the get-go. Once they implement it in their software though, yes, to get it is a "simple firmware update".

Dish is aware of this feature that customers want and has acknowledged that they're planning to offer it. When ? The only date given has came and went... No one can tell you a firm date. Call tech support and ask about it and be sure they document it.

I have to believe there's nothing "simple" about doing this though or else it would have had it from the get-go. Once they implement it in their software though, yes, to get it is a "simple firmware update".

I tend to believe we won't ever see it.

Does ANYONE know when or if this will ever be available??? Every other vendor has it...why is Dish not offering?

Isn't this just a simple firmware update?

Dish Network is installing tomorrow with a Vip722 and I just found out they don't offer native pass-through. This is VERY disappointing as I have invested lots of money for an external video processor which I wanted for a scaling purposes.

What is wrong with DISH?????!!!!!!!??!!!

I"M SAD!!!!!!!

Is DirecTV the better way to go?

It's not a matter of Dish vs DirecTV and Dish not getting on the ball. It is more cost effective for Dish to convert all feeds to one standard format and send that out to everyone. Now, OTA is a different story.

You should not be out of luck with your scaler anyway. you should be upconverting to 1080p from any signal Dish sends you.

It is more cost effective for Dish to convert all feeds to one standard format and send that out to everyone. Now, OTA is a different story.
This doesn't have anything to do with Dish "sending" programming in one format. They don't do that and hopefully never will. The receivers get 480i, 480p, 720, and 1080i signals and then convert it to one format.

This doesn't have anything to do with Dish "sending" programming in one format. They don't do that and hopefully never will. The receivers get 480i, 480p, 720, and 1080i signals and then convert it to one format.
The last time I read a conversation here about native passthru, supposedly calls were made and emails were sent and a Dish tech said they convert all HD to 1080i and send that out so there is no need for native passthru at least for Dish network HD programming.

It wouldn't be the first time that a comment/reply from a Dish employee was wrong. I don't have the tools, but others do, and they can tell you what channels are sent in what format. They are *not* all converted to 1080i though.

most hd stations are in 1080i
the few 720p stations i can rattle off are FOX, ESPN/2, and national geographic i think.
heck even fsn i think is 1080i on their nationwide base, not just the regional games but the ones they broadcast on ALL of the FSN networks across the board, o and ABC too. aside from that its pretty much all 1080i and to me on my cable box (WITHOUT NATIVE PASS THRU! grrrrr) the image on ESPN looks much better set to 1080i than 720p but it could be the fact that my tv is 1080p capable so it really makes 1080i pop and 720p artifact if you get up close but from about 6-7 feet it looks great. so we just put HD and SD to 1080i and leave it and we have no complaints. now if this was a small 720p set i would go for the more native TV resolution. it will just look better from what i have seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)