ViP722 network connection

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
I'm wondering what I'll miss if remove my 722 from my network? It is connected to a phone line.

I'm thinking of getting a slingcatcher and it requires a hard connection. Any idea?

also looking at AppleTV which is WiFi.

I'm wondering what I'll miss if remove my 722 from my network? It is connected to a phone line.

I'm thinking of getting a slingcatcher and it requires a hard connection. Any idea?

also looking at AppleTV which is WiFi.

You won't be charged the $5 fee if that's what you are concerned about. Either a phone connection or an internet connection suffices.

In regards to hooking the 722 up to the internet, would it be possible to purchase a USB Wireless Network adapter for it to be connected? I don't have any hard wired connection in my living room so it would be this or I've heard of using a Linksys Wireless Game router.

Thanks!

At least for now the USB interface is only configured to work with storage devices. Have you considered HomePlug? It is built in to the 722 and you'd need an adapter for your switch/router. I've not used it, but many on this forum do and seem to like it.

Wireless bridge. Install dd-wrt firmware on a compatible router and you're good to go. I use an older version Linksys WRT-54G. Works great for connecting both the 722 and XBox360.

My 722 is connected to my network with a Cat5e cable. If I install a sling Catcher I'll use the cat 5 from my 722 on the sling catcher. The 722 will remain connected via phone line.

Is the dish online thing the only use for connecting to my network? Is there anything else I'll lose if my 722 isn't connected. will my 612 still be connected to my phone via DISHcomm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)