VIP722 Rebooting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Received 449 software 3 days ago and tonight the receiver rebooted 4x in a matter of 3 hrs. Not a temp issue Avg temp 109. i wonder if this is an issue with 449 my other 722 on 448 works fine.

My 622 has rebooted at least that many times early this morning as well....and never has done this before....in fact I think now it's going on 5 or 6 as I type this as this is the main reason I got on this forum this morning to find out what's going on.

My 622 has done the same thing this morning... at least 5 or 6 times. The last time I woke up to see what's going on... it was receiving program information and the rebooting and updating the memory.. but from what I could tell... it was the same software that it had before.... L449... which I received a few days ago also. I don't mind if it reboots during the night... but hopefully it won't continue throughout the day.

I have 3 receivers... a 622, and two 722s. All 3 are now stuck in a cycle where they keep downloading new firmware (L449). The cycle last about 20 minutes before the new download begins again. Whatever trigger mechanism they are using to start the download doesn't seem to recognize the the receiver is already at L449.

I have 3 receivers... a 622, and two 722s. All 3 are now stuck in a cycle where they keep downloading new firmware (L449). The cycle last about 20 minutes before the new download begins again. Whatever trigger mechanism they are using to start the download doesn't seem to recognize the the receiver is already at L449.

My 722 had the L449 Update also and this morning it starting doing the firmware downloading for a couple of hours.:confused:

My 622 & 722 are doing the same thing. 622 has had 449 for a few days already. As of last night, the 722 was still at 448, but this morning it received the 449 software. However, both receivers keep rebooting.

Heheheh...man I'm glad this forum is here. Otherwise, I would've thought it was my switch. Now I know it's not on my end so I'll just sit back and wait for it to pan out. I just hope my DVR events aren't deleted/corrupted in the process.:rolleyes:

722 rebooting

Anyone get someone from Dish on the line yet? I just noticed the rebooting at 6am Central (nashville, TN). Can't get a picture on the screen (hooked up via HDMI) to verify what the heck is going on. I forced a reset using the front control panel but still can't get it to start up. Did we all just get bricked?

My 622 & 722 are doing the same thing. 622 has had 449 for a few days already. As of last night, the 722 was still at 448, but this morning it received the 449 software. However, both receivers keep rebooting.

Heheheh...man I'm glad this forum is here. Otherwise, I would've thought it was my switch. Now I know it's not on my end so I'll just sit back and wait for it to pan out. I just hope my DVR events aren't deleted/corrupted in the process.:rolleyes:

I had to reset two out of three 722s because of rebooting. Both of them did not loose any timers and recordings. All three 722s already had the 449 previously installed.

I THOUGHT a hard reboot took care of the problem.............NOT! After seeming to be back to normal for maybe 1/2 an hour it's off and running again!:mad: My 622 still has 448 and is fine, can't wait 'til it gets 449.:rolleyes:

Ed

Constant Rebooting

Same problem here. Constant rebooting this morning. Tried a soft reset but it did not solve the problem.

Dish, are you listening?

I thought I was going crazy. I have been sleeping on the couch the last couple of nights because I have been sick with the flu and this morning all I heard the hard disk winding up every 20 mins. I thought I had taken too much medicine.

woke up this morning with storms in the area and thought that I might have a problem with them until I got on the forum and see that others are having the problem as well. Soft reboot did not work for me so I just unplugged the system until I get home from work.

Add me to the list as well.

As of 7AM, (CST), the 622 shows no pic. Only one light showing on the front of the 622, Says not to mess with it as the memory is being relearned or soemthing like that then re-boots...completely stuck in virtual looping mode.

Have tried soft reboot (front panel) and nothing.... Two hard re-boots (unplug from wall) and still nothing. Can't even get to setup 6-1-1 to check switch or anything.

I also have a 722 and it seems to be fine and working OK this morning.

Anyone make contact w/ Dish to find out what is going on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts