ViP722 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

87lwrdr

Original poster
Sep 21, 2017
midwest
This will be long and hope I get this explained correctly. I have a 722 receiver that I run 2 tv's with through a single line that works fine. I just recently put in a MT2 OTA module for an outdoor antenna to get the locals and here's where the problems starts. The first connection from the SAT is in the box on the side of the house (which has all my connections) and goes to a DIPLEXER, then travels through a SINGLE RG6 line to the TRIPLEXER then splits to the receiver. Back in the box the line to my 2nd tv is connected to the UHF/VHF on the DIPLEXER.

What I want to do is take my OTA signal and SAT signal in the box outside and run it through the one RG6 cable as it's run now and get the locals from the antenna and the SAT signal to both tv's. Is it possible?
Attached is my current setup and what I did earlier.

I appreciate any and all help. Thanks

Attachments

• 722 Setup10302018_0000.pdf
    416.5 KB · Views: 193
You can't double up diplexers like that. It's either the OTA signal or the modulated out.

If running another wire isn't feasible, I'd try a wireless sender for the signal to TV2.

Looking at the diagram of the first setup is there any way of changing this so both tv's get SAT and OTA programs over the single RG6 line?

Looking at the diagram of the first setup is there any way of changing this so both tv's get SAT and OTA programs over the single RG6 line?

Probably not without introducing noise to the TV2 signal and significantly reducing OTA signal.

Using your first setup drawing, split the OTA signal before it goes into the diplexer and use the other output of the splitter to combine it with the TV2 line. Something like the Channel Master Jointenna might help instead of using a regular splitter in reverse. You can also experiment using the Ch 3 output of your new MT2.

Probably not without introducing noise to the TV2 signal and significantly reducing OTA signal.

Using your first setup drawing, split the OTA signal before it goes into the diplexer and use the other output of the splitter to combine it with the TV2 line. Something like the Channel Master Jointenna might help instead of using a regular splitter in reverse. You can also experiment using the Ch 3 output of your new MT2.
If I remember correctly, the Ch. 3 output only works for TV1. There is no way to get the TV2 output through the Ch. 3 output on the MT2.

Reactions: dishdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts