VIP722 recording problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hoophead

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 24, 2007
Wisconsin
On occasions when i set up a recording it shows in the timers list but not in the 'schedule' list.
When that happens the recording does not, well, record. I check to see if something of higher priority is ahead of this program but is notl

Any reasons for this and/or how to resolve this once and for all?

Is what you want to record a new episode or a repeat? If the timer says new only and it's a repeat, it won't record. There is a setting, I forget where, to show all, including skipped, or just scheduled recordings. It's been a couple of years since I had a 722. I'm sure someone will chime in with the swquence to get to that setting.

Was this by chance an NCAA Tournament game??

What appears to make this happen is if the dish program guide changes the title of the show or game from how it was originally labeled when you set the timer then it's not smart enough pick this up and doesn't actually record it.

For instance, either late Friday night or early Saturday morning I set up several NCAA tournament games to record. They were originally labeled something like "2014 NCAA Tournament etc, etc." However, when the daily program guide was updated in the morning most of these game were now showing something like "NCAA: Albany vs Florida" as an example. So when I check the DVR nothing was being recorded. I was sure that I set the timers but nothing showed in the list to be recorded. I went into the timers and found them all there but since the title had changed the DVR basically forgot all about them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)