VIP722DVR HDTV External HD not recognized

Tron117

Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Minnesota
Ok first try at this. Had Dish activate the EHD option. Plugin in a new Hitachi Life studio desk 500gb hard drive and got the "attention USD device not recognized 850. Tried soft reboot, unplug plug back in ect. Still same. Chat with Dish to see if drive is compatible, said any drive will work as long as USB2.0, 50gb-1000gb, external powered. So the drive meets all this. Called CSR and they had no idea what code 850 is. After 20 min said I need to adjust my TV's resolution and this is why the drive is not recognized!:eek: I had to laugh at that. Dumbest thing I have ever heard. Said I had to call Samsung for this problem. Told them that makes no sense. So they put me on hold again came back with EHD is bad, said it works on a computer. So they said it must not be . So I returned it. So what drives that are sold today are compatible? Or did the drive I had work and Dish didn't do something on there end?:confused:

I would suggest getting a Seagate or a Western Digital. Those are always on sale. I have two 2TB seagates hooked up with no problem.

While I've never tried drives from Hitachi or Samsung, I've never found a single spindle drive that wouldn't work.

I would recommend against using most 2.5" mechanisms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts