vip722K audio problem HD DVR to SD live switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andyg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Hi,

I have the following problem. Wonder if you think it is a bug in software or a hardware issue with my vip722k box.
Here is what happens. If I watch an SD channel live and then decide to watch an HD recording, then when I come back to the SD channel live there is no audio, but picture is fine. I can switch to any SD channel at that point, and will have no audio. I can even turn the box off and back on, and there will still be no audio. However, if I tune to HD channel the sound comes back on all the channels.
Now, this does not happen if I initially tune to HD channel and then decide to watch an HD event from my dvr recordings. Then when I come back from HD recording to an HD live channel everthing is fine. Also the opposite scenario is not true, e.g. if I watch HD channel live and decide to play an SD event and then come back to HD channel everything is fine.

Seems like the issue is with switching from HD to SD but ONLY if initially SD channel was watched before starting to play an HD event.

Any ideas? Sorry it is hard to explain and might sound very confusing..because it is :)

P.S. I use HDMI input to connect box to my tv.

Thanks

I found the problem, you are watching anything in SD ;) just kidding. Sounds like a bug to me, but I just tried it on my 722k and did not have the same issue so I'm not sure what it is.

I found the problem, you are watching anything in SD ;) just kidding. Sounds like a bug to me, but I just tried it on my 722k and did not have the same issue so I'm not sure what it is.

I hope it is not my box.
which software version do you have on your 722k box?

I sometimes lose audio on all channels on my 722K via the hdmi. Usually, turning my TV (not the receiver) off and back on makes it come back.

I figured it was somekind of bug with the hdmi out. It doesn't happen too often, so I don't worry with it much.

May not be the same thing.

cditty - what you're talking about sounds like an HDMI sync issue for sure. I think andyg's problem is different. BUT it would be interesting to know if turning the audio source off and back on for andyg fixes his problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts