VIP722K MT2 ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Starski

Original poster
Nov 26, 2008
I am getting conflicting information about the MT2 OTA add on for the VIP 722K. I have found a lot of information on the internet indicating that with the addition of this module you can record 4 things at the same time.

However, I have called Dish twice to inquire about the MT2 module and the two people I spoke too, one of them supposedly a techinal person, said that the box is only capable of recording two programs at the same time.

So I would definitely appreciate some input from someone who actually is using the MT2 module......

With the MT2 and 722k you can record 4 things at the same time.

2 Over The Air Digital Broadcasts
2 Satellite Broadcasts

You can't record 3 things from the satellite or OTA at the same time, just two from each.

How's this ? I won't be able to take a picture while they're in progress though .... got some yard work to get started on.

You can see (2) recordings with the antenna icon, i.e. OTA, (1) on TV1 and (1) on TV2.

Attachments

• 0423091738.jpg
    0423091738.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 283
And using DishOnline requires a tuner, for some reason. If I recall, I've had a recording going on TV1 and tried to access DishOnline from TV1 and it wouldn't allow me.

And using DishOnline requires a tuner, for some reason. If I recall, I've had a recording going on TV1 and tried to access DishOnline from TV1 and it wouldn't allow me.

I have done the following with no problems on my 722k.

Tv1 recorded an ota and downloaded a dish online event and sent a recorded movie to my external hard drive, all in the living room, while watching a recorded event.

Tv2 recorded an ota and one sat station while watching a recorded event , while in the computer room.

I couldn't record another sat station while downloading a dishonline event, so it does use a tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)